Posting Bail in Pennsylvania

judge decides bail price

How does bail work? The judge sets a cash bail price to allow release from jail until a trial date.

Being arrested can be very frightening, but you are not alone! When you or a loved one are arrested, call the friendly professionals at Bail Shop, LLC at 888-224-5711! We can help with bail in Lebanon and Reading, PA and throughout the state, so don’t wait, call today! If you are asking yourself, “How does bail work?” read below or speak to any of our friendly representatives!

Eligibility

When it comes to being arrested, it is natural to be afraid. However, it is essential that you remain calm and cooperative. Here at Bail Shop, LLC, we know this can be a scary time, and you may be asking yourself, How does bail work? Where do I even start? We are here to answer your questions and more! We realize that not every arrest is fair, and while we can’t stop your arrest, we can help make sure you don’t have to spend time in jail before your trial! We make it a point to never judge our clients based on their arrest, and we do everything in our power to make the bail process as simple and streamlined as possible.

Not every crime is eligible for bail, but many crimes are. After an arrest, you will be given a bail trial, where the judge will determine your eligibility for bail. The judge will, of course, consider the charges currently brought against you, but also the following factors:

  • Arrest History
  • Criminal Record
  • Prior Warrants
  • Family and Community Ties
  • Reputation and Mental Condition
  • And other factors.

How Does Bail Work?

As mentioned before, most crimes are eligible for bail. Serious charges such as rape and murder will not be. If you are eligible for bail, the judge will post a cash bail price. If you are unable to afford this full amount, Bail Shop, LLC is here to help! With a bail bond, rather than a cash payment, you are able to get out of jail until your court date with significantly less money up front. Typically a bail bond only costs you 10% of the bail upfront, with Bail Shop, LLC backing you up with the remaining 90%.

We at Bail Shop, LLC understand that bail can be overwhelming for a first-time defendant and their loved ones. That’s why we do everything we can to make the process as easy as possible for our clients. We also know that not all arrests happen during standard business hours, so we are available 24/7 to answer your calls!

  • Cash Bonds Cash Bonds are sometimes necessary for repeat offenders. While we cannot offer you assistance with a cash bond, our representatives can offer advice throughout your bail process.
  • Failure to Appear Missing your trial date is very serious and can complicate your case tremendously. Learn more about the consequences of failing to appear to your trail and what to do if you have already missed it.
  • Surety Bonds Do you have questions about surety bonds in [nw_data field=seo_city], [nw_data field=state]?  We are happy to help you through the bond process, and answer any questions you may have!

Things to Know

When you call, the following things will be helpful to know. If you do not have all of the information, that is okay, we are here to help and we can help you get what you need!

  • Defendant name
  • Defendant birth date
  • Defendant location 
  • Arrest location
  • Charges against the Defendant
  • Amount of bail

Despite what television and movies depict, bail is NOT a get out of jail free card. Showing up to your scheduled court date is mandatory. Skipping out on your trial will result in further charges being placed against you, and warrants for your arrest. Call 888-224-5711 now if you need to post bail in Lebanon and Reading, PA!